Unit 3, Greenhill Mill, Skipton Road, Colne, Lancashire, BB8 0NX
Telephone: 01282 612325/6
To download our application form, please click here.
Job Vacancy for a fully skilled Weaver.
S.Dawes Weaving Ltd is a successful family owned weaving business based in Colne Lancashire producing high quality fabrics for all major high street retailers.
We have our own in house sales and Design team.
We weave our fabrics on the latest high speed Dornier looms with the latest electronic Jacquard machinery from Vandewiele.
- Weaving on both Dobby and Jacquard machinery.
- ensure all looms are weaving efficiently and to a high quality standard.
- you will be working with various materials ie cotton, wool, viscose polyester silk.
- taking out cloth rollers from the looms and taking them to the inspection department.
- Report any faults to the shift supervisor.
- all PPE for your own and other employee safety is compulsory.
- complete all paperwork to ensure fabric is being woven to the correct specification.
- Must be Reliable and punctual as you are part of a small and dedicated team.
- Work well as part of a team and on your own initiative.
- Good practical skills, good eyesight and colour vision.
Report directly to the production manager.
Hours of work are 6.00am to 2.00pm and 2.00pm to 10.00pm alternating weekly.
33 days holiday per year which includes two floating days.
Company pension scheme after a six months qualifying period.
Excellent rate of pay for a fully skilled weaver.
S Dawes Weaving Ltd – Ethical Policy
S Dawes Weaving Ltd is committed to the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights which is founded on three pillars:
– The State duty to protect human rights against abuse by third parties, including business, through appropriate policies, legislation, regulations and adjudication.
– The corporate responsibility to respect human rights, meaning to act with due diligence to avoid infringing on the rights of others and address adverse impacts with which they are involved.
– The need for greater access to effective remedy, both judicial and non-judicial, for victims of business-related human rights abuse.
To this end, if you feel your human rights have been violated in any way, you can file a grievance to email@example.com either in person or anonymously.
Click here to read the UN Guidelines Ethical Policy document in full.
Privacy Notice – GDPR Guidelines, May 2018.
S Dawes Weaving Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of our employees, customer and suppliers and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
Click here to read our policy in full.